Does this pee stick make me look fat?

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I spent WAY too much money on my last pregnancy test. I mean, really... the dollar store test would have done the trick just the same. How difficult is it to detect the hormone pregnancy? Fertility has never been a difficult waiting game for me, it's more like a trip and fall right into it kind of game for me. It's easy, though, to forget yourself and get lost in the recounts of many women on the road to pregnancy. Most of them have been trying for at least a couple of months and some of them for over a year or so.

I remember getting the phonecall from the Professor while he was on a business trip with the governor in Tampa.

"Hey honey, I've been thinking...Monkey's getting older... and we don't want him to be too much older than our other babies... so I think we should just go ahead and get pregnant." Mind you... a week earlier I had scheduled a doctor's appointment to have Mirena, an intrauterine contraceptive, implanted into my uterus. This would mean 2-5 years of fruitless baby making-which is always fun too-but COME ON! I guess that he got cold feet on the whole pregnancy issue.
At any rate, back to the reason I titled the post the way that I did. Does this pee stick make me look fat? I ask because I swear that the second I held it steadily in the stream and watched it develop--ok... you got me, I didn't sit and watch it develop, it was digital--and say PREGNANT, my stomach immediately molded to a roundish kind of pregnant ball shape and my boobs swelled up two cup sizes. No joke. I guess that what they say is true to the extreme for me: After you have one baby, you show sooner with your others. In my case I didn't show until six months with my first, and even then it was a tiny little cute bump and with number two I pissed on a stick and now look like I did at seven months pregnant.
So... I've been Wiisearching and have come up completely dry for the Wii Fit. I've gotta do something about maintaining... lord knows I don't want to blow up like I did with Monkey.

0 comments: